Background

Friday, January 26, 2018

Contagiously Crafty Runs in the Family


My daughter decided during Christmas break from college that she wanted a calendar for her dorm room.  I think the original thought was that she wanted to me buy her some calendar on the shelf during a shopping trip.  We're used to her purchasing tricks, having spent 18 years (she couldn't form full sentences on shopping trips until she was over 12 months old...) distracting and correcting this habit.  So I responded - "Hey,  I have one of those calendar kits at home (leftover from 2014...) that you could use to make your own calendar with your own pictures."  I followed up my response by pulling the kit from the stash and placing it strategically on the island in the kitchen.  She quietly began putting it together and I thought to share her final product here with you.  Bear with me and all the pictures for another post this year...













This kit is from Basic Grey - a now defunct manufacturer.  This project made me miss them, their design and creativity more.  Any funkyness to the photos are the fault of photography - Katie's or mine.  The pages are fantastic in person and will be a nice hello from home or her friends as she will be away at school for a large portion of 2018 - her first since last fall was her freshman semester in school.  Like mama, like daughter...

for Katie

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?