Background

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

A Special Birthday Card


I have so enjoyed having a little more downtime through the holidays.  It made me want to go shopping in the stash for bits and pieces to see if I could put together some cards without much effort.  Both of these cards I'm sharing today were made from die cuts previously made for other cards and left as excessive from those endeavors.  This first one uses some Heartfelt Creations Poppy flower die cuts, Prickly Pear Mini-Butterflies die cuts and a gold flake covered frame.  I paired it with some patterned paper in the stash and am really proud of how delicate those flowers look with their Prill centers.


This next card is an almost exact duplicate of this card made for my SIL's Kentucky Derby inspired birthday celebration.  I figured there was no reason not to make this second card with all the leftover bits and pieces. 

So much fun and now my husband has caught on to the fact that I can "shop" my stash and make something pretty.  Hmmmm, on second thought that might not have been such a bright idea.  Oh well, I'll just have to keep crafting with what I have for a bit.



2 comments:

  1. Very elegant! I epsecially love how the poppies stand out on your first card. It took my breath away...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?