Background

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Sending Good Vibes


March was a whirlwind.  I'm not even going to tell you the list of woes that March brought to my life.  I'm here to share these two projects of encouragement that responded to the woes of someone Brandy and I have never met.  When we attended the Embellish It! Play All Day at the beginning of March, Shelby Dredge asked us to make a pocket card of encouragement for an industry colleague who had suffered a sudden, debilitating health event.  She wanted us to help her send encouragement and good thoughts to this lovely lady.  Well, Brandy and I couldn't help but join in and these two pocket cards were our best effort.  Keep in mind, we didn't know that the request would be made and we decided to wing it with the supplies we had on hand.

For Brandy's card above, she did some stamp layering using her Waffle Flower Summer Time stamp set and masking to create this adorable scene.  She was concerned that her watercoloring wasn't as crisp as she'd have liked. Of course, we didn't have all our resources on hand and the lighting in the room wasn't the best (hence the poor photo quality), however, I think the project finish is just about as perfect as one could hope.


For my project, I had previously stamped this image with my Concord and 9th Wonderful Florals stamp.  I thought it would make a perfect pocket card of pretty to brighten this woman's day.  Both projects used watercolor markers and a little shimmer pen to add some sparkle (doesn't sparkle just brighten your day?!).


Here's the two projects side by side.  Beautiful, encouraging and thoughtful.  Thank you, Shelby, for letting us participate in sending some sunshine to your colleague.

and 

2 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?