Background

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Happy Easter


With both children grown, Easter is a different event at our house.  A better event, truthfully, as we are able to focus more clearly on celebrating our risen Lord!  As morning dawns, you'll find the Millers who are home this morning off to sunrise service - a special treat reserved for Easter morning. 

Another plus is that I have time to create and send Easter cards, something I never had time for when the kids were little.  You'll remember I stamped and colored these cards, sharing with you here.  That was in August 2016.   

These cards have sat in the stash since then, not quite pleased with the finish, but not quite certain how to "fix" them.  I decided to match them up with some kraft card bases and coordinating stamp sets to finish into these cards.  I've sent them to family and friends to celebrate Easter this year.


I think that the colorful solid cardstock backing creates just the right frame for the card - making the size a standard A2 which is more pleasing to the eye that the original, created following the package instructions from the Art Impressions Blessings to You stamp and die set.  The color teases out a focal color on each card and coordinates with the patterned papers that I had previously used to line the inside flaps.














The Easter sentiment was stamped using my Heartfelt Creations Dogwood Chapel cling stamp.  I white heat embossed a piece of the cardstock to create the flag and then stamped and colored the three crosses onto Bristol cardstock, coloring with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.  I fussy cut the crosses out  and glued everything flat to the cards since the folded nature of the card design created enough layers which to place in a standard A2 envelope.




























I left the rest of the card just how I originally assembled and I am really pleased with each of the cards and how they turned out.  The Art Impressions stamps have never let me down - great stamp quality and interesting designs that tug at the heart.



I'll hope your Easter celebrations - if you do so - are filled with hope and joy. 

Happy Easter!


1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?