Background

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Happy Birthday, Brandy!


Yesterday was Brandy's birthday.  I decided to post this card that I made for her birthday to the blog this morning when we will get together for her birthday and I "give" her this card and her present - a trip to Embellish It's Mesa, AZ Play All Day!  I'm hoping that she opens her card before this blog post!

I decided to create a masked, one layer card to celebrate using my SSS Spring Flowers cling stamp set.  I made several of these cards using my MISTI and some full sticky post-it masks.  It is a simple card, but effective.

I colored the image with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and a Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen to blend the colors.  The green is simply two Zig markers - no glitter.  It is tough to get the angle right in order to capture the shimmer, but trust me when I say that these cards are all kinds of sparkly goodness.  Which is just perfect for my bestie - she whom I credit with my craftiness. 

I am grateful for her friendship, encouragement and support.  No one could ask for a better friend.  Especially one where I get to buy her gift - a trip to today's Play All Day event - which is a blessing to me because I get to craft with her for a whole day!

Since yesterday was technically Brandy's birthday, I'll just have to say Happy Belated Birthday knowing that she knows it was a good surprise!

You're the best, girlfriend.  We're gonna have a great day!


1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?