Background

Friday, March 2, 2018

Saying Hello to a Little Prince


I had an occasion to make a welcome baby card for a baby boy.  I searched the stamp collection and decided I hadn't used this cute image of a little frog from Lawn Fawn's Hello Baby stamp set.  I stamped onto some Bristol cardstock and used my Distress Inks for all color - Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Squeezed Lemonade, Scattered Straw, Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean.  Some of the images (lily pad, cattails) were stamped and then using a watercolor brush and a very little bit of water to smooth out the stamping and the frog and crown were colored with the Distress Ink using the brush and water.  I used an ink blending tool and the Salty Ocean/Peacock Feathers to create our pond.

The patterned paper is Spellbinders and creates a lovely starry background, perfect for our card.


On the inside, a simple sentiment using my Papertrey Ink Congratulations stamp set.  I'm so in love this this stamp set, I may make another one since the pieces are still out on the craft table.  I might be back soon with another card.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?