Background

Friday, March 2, 2018

Another Little Prince Card


When I needed a baby boy welcome card, I patterned up this card front as well.  I used the same techniques, just a different layout.  Using Lawn Fawn's Hello Baby stamp set, I stamped onto some Bristol cardstock and used my Distress Inks for all color - Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Squeezed Lemonade, Scattered Straw, Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean.  Some of the images (lily pad, cattails, stars) were stamped and then using a watercolor brush and a very little bit of water to smooth out the stamping and the frog and crown were colored with the Distress Ink using the brush and water.  I used an ink blending tool and the Salty Ocean/Peacock Feathers to create our pond.

On the inside, a multi-colored sentiment to match our card front.  Layered onto some colored cardstock, this card is a bit more straight forward - less details that previous version found here.  Still, I like the image enough to create this card and keep it in the stash.  Super fun for a Saturday (I finished yesterday and blogged today!).

Hoping your week begins with a fine hello too!  I'm linking this up over at SSS Work It Wednesday where the theme is to use green.  I think my little frog price fits the challenge nicely.






1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?