Background

Sunday, November 19, 2017

A Flowery Birthday Card



My SIL celebrated a milestone birthday recently.  She is known for her birthday party style and, since she was born in Kentucky, decided to host a Derby style celebration.  I knew that I needed to make a bit over the top, flowery confection - inspired by the Derby hats we were all encouraged to wear.  This card is that creation.

I went with a somewhat monochromatic theme, knew that the cards needed to have some pearls, lacey feel, and a big flower as the focal point.

On the inside a simple sentiment to match my thoughts for the day.

I decided to go "facinator" in my hat wear because it is still hot in Arizona and if we were outside a big floppy had would have been hard to see and hot to wear.  Here's a picture - Jenny, the birthday girl is in pink in the back row.


That's my grandma and mom with me on the left.  It's almost as if we're running the race for the roses...





1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?