Background

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Celebrating the Red, White and Blue on the Fourth of July


I'm stopping by today to wish you a happy 4th of July and to share some of the Red, White and Blue in my life.  This first picture is of a thank you card made by a good friend, Bonnie Grassi.  She is a true artist (not like the hack I play on tv!) and freehand watercolored this image with her Mission Gold watercolor paints.  Wow- that is some real pop of red color and a good start for today!


Next is our original White, Katie on graduation day this May.  Girls at Chandler High traditionally where a white robe.  She looks dazzling in her gown with her honor stole and medal.


A picture of the blue orchid my nephew gave my grandmother for Mother's Day this year.  My sister was so disappointed to learn that the orchid was colored by injecting blue dye into the plant which will fade over time leaving my grandmother with a white orchid.  It was a brilliant blue and still is these many weeks later.


I'll leave you to celebrate our country's birth with this photo taken at the Arizona Memorial in Honolulu this June.  We had visited before, but decided to go a second time.  This memorial, which pays tribute to the 1,177 men who lost their lives on a sunny Sunday morning in December 1941.  It reminded me of all those who have gone to war for my freedom.  It moved me the same a second time as it did the first.  We're very blessed to live in the land of the free and I'm proud to say - the home of the brave.

May all your celebrations today be filled with the joy that can come from celebrating our lives, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

Happy Fourth of July!


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, gorgeous, and thanks for sharing the wonderful photos, we always want to make a trip to Hawaii, but it never happen (all because of the dog! LOL! )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy your photos are gorgoeus. I really enjoyed reading this post and it's such a lvoey take on the fourth of July! I can iomagine that the Arizona memorial moved you. We visited the beaches in France ( from the invasion on D-day back in 1944)It moved us and made a big impression...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?