Background

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Celebrating Fathers


Before I left for my vacation, I'd begun the process of making a few Father's Day cards.  I have my own grandfather and father to celebrate and I thought to make a couple of cards for my children to give to my husband.  Let's be honest, I just felt like making some cards during the stress of the past couple of weeks. :)

These today are made using my JustRite Seasonal Trees stamps in coordination with the Art Impressions Foliage 1 stamps.  I used Distress Inks to create this card.  The backgrounds were made using a waterbrush and some ink smooshed onto a craft mat.  The trees and grasses were stamped with the stamps and then I altered a bit with my waterbrush.


On the inside, a simple sentiment because these cards would be given to a dude one way or another.


For the second card, I altered the look a bit - put a flowering bush in the landscape.  I like the first one better, myself.  However, both were simple and easy to make.  I've a few more card ideas and so I'm off to make the next.



2 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?