Background

Thursday, January 12, 2017

By Your Side


This card set is from a design put together for my friend Kyle's Christmas gift exchange.   I needed to get some photos taken to make this post and it has taken me quite a while with the holidays, a trip to Las Vegas and a trip for work thrown in for good measure.  This card design was perfect for multiples and created a set that I thought was endearing.

The card front was made with a piece of kraft cardstock die cut with my Concord and 9th By Your Side die.  I cut another piece from white cardstock which we then used a Distress tool to color with Distress Ink.  We used Scattered Straw, Peacock Feathers and Walnut Ink to color the birdies
 

The sentiments on the outside and inside of the card were made using the By Your Side stamp set.  We made a total of 24 of these cards before it was over so I have a few in the stash and used some as gifts.  I'm in love with this die and plan some other cards for later in the year.


It is good to use the supplies in the stash and this is one I've meant to use for a while.  I'm still grateful for Kyle's extra work helping me to put these together even a month later!


3 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful set; I love birds and these are are lovely! Sounds like you've been busy. Time for you to enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those birdies are simply adorable. Nice cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?