Background

Saturday, January 14, 2017

A Birthday Set of Cards


I'm back today to share some more pictures of cards made with my friend Kyle for her Christmas gift exchange.  I'd apologize for the volume of photos, but that is the reason for my delay in posting and so I'll just say that this has taken me a while.

This card set was made with my Concord and 9th You are Enough stamp onto Bristol paper using black Archival Ink  and Prima Oil Pastel crayons .  The crayons made it easy to make multiple colors of card fronts pretty rapidly.  We scribbled the solid stamps with the crayon and then mopped the stamp with water and a brush to activate the oil pastel.  This made stamping with some variation in color easy to do.


After the flower was stamped, I die cut the card front with my W Plus 9 Sunshine Layers die and a sentiment using my Penny Black Sprinkles and Smiles stamp set.  The splatters were added by flicking watered down oil pastels onto the card fronts.  A very nice effect.






It has been a while since using my Prima Oil Pastels. A great tool though with wonderful effect and a very easy card to make multiples.  In the end, we made more than 20 of these.  I gave most away all ready, but hope to use this technique again.


2 comments:

  1. Your sets of cards are always lovely to see. I love the simple but beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?