Background

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Bringing Tidings of Comfort and Joy



So, I fibbed to you all.  I promised to get working on some of my crafty gift making.  However, I had a little time at the end of my weekend to myself.  I decided to use that time for a little crafty expression of joy.  In this case, that amounted to using my new-to-me Avery Elle Comfort and Joy stamp set.  This sentiment stampe has just the right mix of elegant and simple text to use for Christmas cards.  However, it was watercoloring that I wanted to focus on so I simply white embossed the sentiment onto a piece of watercolor paper.

Some of the card fronts were created with Brusho's watercolor crystals and others were made with my Mission Gold watercolors.  I can't tell you which I like better - they all turned out!


The kraft paper die cut stars were made using my SSS Holiday Shapes dies.  They work really well to keep the design simple (I didn't have a lot of time to myself) so that I could focus on the watercoloring which I find calming.




On the inside, a simple white embossed sentiment using my Concord and 9th Holy Night stamp set.  I think they go well together and I really like my tiny A2 sized Christmas greetings.  They are a little out of my comfort zone making it a wonderfully re-energizing time to myself.


I'd like to encourage all of you out there during this busy season to take a little time to recharge yourself for the efforts that lay ahead of us all.  Enjoy the season - it's meant to be on of both comfort and joy!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?