Background

Friday, December 9, 2016

A Happy Little Birthday to My Dear Katie


Stopping by to share with you today the card that I made for my daughter on her 18th birthday.  Pink is her favorite color and I couldn't resist pairing this image with some soft, tiny patterned papers.  Its a simple card design, but on purpose to keep my sweetheart the focal image.  I considered adding a bunch of flowers and fluff to the card, but opted for this simple layout.

Time is passing quickly - her senior year is nearly 1/2 over.  I find myself with a curious mix of elation at her growing independence, sadness because the time of having my own in the house is growing closed and urgency to see where then next phase of life will lead for them and for me.  I suppose that characterizes life as a mom no matter what season you find yourself.

At least she's not too old or too hip to miss the opportunity to have her mom create a picture of love for her daughter.

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, happy birthday to the birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that feeling never leaves. My girl is 21 now, but she'll always be my little one. It's not unusual to weep her whole college freshman year. Her card is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?