Background

Monday, November 28, 2016

Our Beautiful World - White


I have been out of town for work several times over the past few months.  This past trip I was able to stay a few extra days and see some sights with my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and husband.  We took a day trip to Ashville, North Carolina to see the Biltmore House.  This house is the largest private residence in the US built by the Vanderbilts and it open for public tour.  We decided to visit because the house was decorated for Christmas and there was threat of rain (though you can't tell in my pictures).


They have a beautiful garden which was on the trailing edge of fall, much of it withered.  However, the hothouse contained many exotic plants and so I'm sharing some of these with you today inspired by Our Beautiful World's word prompt which is White.






You must forgive the quality of photos - I only had my cell phone with me.  The white poinsettias were stunning and filled various locations throughout the house.  There were also many Christmas decorations, but I thought I should share this one with white icicles which was way more stunning in person.

If you get a chance, the tour is not inexpensive, but was a wonderful way to spend the day.  Definitely shows you how the other half lives at Christmas time!

Why don't you stop by Our Beautiful World and see what everyone is sharing when prompted by the word White!
















4 comments:

  1. Beautiful share Andie, I am trying to just use my photo for photos too, the camera is getting too heavy for my shoulders! : (
    Thanks for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely phtoso and... this is a private house? I would get lost if I was living there:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Don't think I'll ever get there but many thanks for sharing at OBW!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?