Background

Friday, October 14, 2016

A Fall Birthday Card


I did mention earlier in the week that it is "birthday season" in our family.  Lots to celebrate this time of year - including Brandy's gifting of the Hero Arts September 2016 Monthly Kit.  I decided to give my hand at a card with a simple design.  I'm not sure this is as effective as the previous endeavors, but I was really trying to stretch out of my comfort zone.  In this case, the watercolor background was created exclusively with my Brushos watercolor crystals.  I sprinkled the different colors onto the paper and spritzed water from above.

Still, I like the design and the card is perfect for one of the men in my life - simple and colorful but not at all fru fru.

This is so much fun, I am wishing fall lasted a bit longer than it really does.  Still, it is birthday season so I'm off to get some work done so I can play some more with my Brushos and this monthly kit.

3 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?