Background

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Flowery Watercolor Panels


I am sharing with you today a card set that was inspired by this YouTube video. I actually stamped these panels in June and took them with me on a stay-cation here in the valley.  I left my Mission Gold watercolors out on the table with a cup of water and my brush and would stop by to color for short periods between trips to the pool and naps and movie watching at night, etc.


I found varying levels of success in my watercolor technique and if you look close, there's a bit of poor/incomplete stamping.  However, I'm betting that the recipient doesn't notice when met by this happy set of flowers sent to wish them a happy birthday.


I think this purple one is the most stunning in person.  I did add a bit of Wink of Stella to the flowers, it is hard to see on these pictures.  The grey strips are white cardstock smeared with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink.  It is a perfect frame for my panels.


All in all, I'm pleased with this set.  I've a few more stamped, but found myself moving on when I returned home - so much so it took me several months to finish the cards and post this post.  Ah well, progress is progress, yes?!

What projects do you have that are half finished.  See - this is proof they are worth getting out and diving into them to create a final beauty worth sending off to a friend.  I wish you success!

I'm entering these cards in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge Summer Fun and
Word Art Wednesday's Challenge #244/245 Anything Goes



6 comments:

  1. Your wc flowers are beautiful. I like the white background dots on the yellow flower card. Nice effect. The Hickory Smoke grey is a great border. I'm partial to a good grey myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watercolouring done by you is breathtaking. I love these flowers and the subtle touch of colour is absolutely gorgeous...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are gorgeous, Andie! Each one is watercolored beautifully. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing set of note cards, Andie. WOW, you are sure one talented girl. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Word Art Wednesday, and I wish you the best of luck in the random draw. Have an awesome week, and please join us again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    P.S. I would love to have you stop by my blog any time you can, just to say hello. I hope to have you visit soon.
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?