Background

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Stamping with Prima Oil Pastels


In an ongoing effort to use up some of the patterned paper in the stash, I made these cards.  The stamping was accomplished with my Prima Oil Pastels and a solid rose stamp.


I tried to finish each rose image with a little Hickory Smoke Distress ink in the background. These yellow roses are well set off using the patterned paper with a bit of grey in it.


Finally, the blue rose really had the most variation in color.  Still, I like each of these cards for different reasons.  I've given these cards away along with the others in this list as a set.  Ican't wait to see what else comes out of that stash!


2 comments:

  1. What I love about these sets is the fact that you created a gorgeous focal point with a single flower. Less is definitely more; The touch of contrast you added by using a bit of Hickory Smoke is beautiful. And a great way to use up some of your stash of patterned paper!

    Thanks so much for your birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?