Background

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Cards from Handpainting Panels


I can't say I'm overly enthusiastic with these card fronts on their own.  I attempted to paint some abstract rose images and these are my feeble attempts.  I decided to finish them off by ding the background with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink.  I was surprised at how the background helped with my vision of the panel.  Also, I trimmed down the panels to fit onto these colored A2 card fronts and that really helped as well.  Finally, I added a simple sentiment and I thought these could actually be used as abstract art.


On this last card, the background went a little dark.  I also accidentally trimmed the panel too small.  Oh well, I simply created a sentiment flag and colored with my Prima Oil Pastels.  I think it worked and I would say I'm proud of these cards and the final result.


1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?