Background

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

A Shaker Card




I used this post as inspiration for today's card.  I had need of an encouraging card for a lady at work and thought that this vellum shaker card would be perfect.  The flowers were stamped with black Archival Ink and die cut with my Arianna Blooms stamp and die set.  The flowers were shipped and put together with Glue Dots.  I used the same technique for creating the vellum shaker element found in this video.  I used my WPLUS9 Hand Lettered Hello stamp set and Lilac Hybrid ink to stamp the hello onto white cardstock and fussy cut the sentiment out.  The same stamp set was used with white embossing powder onto black cardstock to create the sentiment flag.



On the inside, I adhered the inner rectangle cut from the white frame used to create the shaker element.  Since I wanted to write a sweet note to my coworker,  I left this space deliberately blank.

I am very pleased with how this card turned out.  It is a great technique and ultimately a stunning effect.

I hope your July is going well.  It's nearly half over and my daughter is beginning her senior year in high school in a little over a week.  To quote Ferris Bueller, "Life moves pretty fast.  If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

I plan to spend now until June next year when she graduates stopping once in a while to look around.  I don't want to miss a thing.

Come join the fun!



2 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?