Background

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Watercolor Stamping with Prima Oil Pastels


There is no secret that Brandy and I have been on a bit of a watercolor kick.  It really started for me last year when Brandy gifted me with a set of the Prima Oil Pastels.  These were so simple to work with that I was inspired to try other media.  This set of cards was made using the Oil Pastels and a Heartfelt Creations Sunflower Stem stamp.  I simply colored the stamp directly with the crayon and then sopped the image with water and a brush to mix it up in a technique similar to what Kristina Werner used in this video.


You can see the difference in technique when I used less water and less "movement" of the crayon on the stamp (as is in the first card) as well as what happens when I added watercolor to the background of the image (second card).  I think both techniques have their charm and reason to use them.

On both cards, I used a black marker to ink a border to create these very simple notecards.  I left them blank so that I might use the cards for a purpose in the future.  Into the stash these go for that rushed day when I suddenly need a handmade card.  Yay!


1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?