Background

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Our Beautiful World - Texture

Funny how my flavored water sitting on that table looks like a beer?!

The ladies at Our Beautiful World have provided a new word prompt for this week - Texure.  There's a fair amount of temptation to head to the backyard as the outdoors is full of texture.  However, I decided to share these photos taken with my phone.

I had the great pleasure of spending the day at the Spa at the Camelback Inn.  This is the quintisential spa experience - all day in a tranquil enviroment.  I had the patio to myself most of the day.  Everyone thought our 110 degrees too much to take. I simply felt it was like the sauna - except more serene.  The patio itself is a mixture of textures - wicker chairs, soft pillows, terrycloth robe, slikly smooth glass all set agains the thorny acaia trees. I enjoyed a Swedish massage as my treatment, a lovely humus plate for lunch and several trips to the dry sauna.

In and amongst all of this goodness, I read a book cover to cover and relaxed in a way that I haven't done in a while.  It's an expensive, extravagant day but well worth it.  Especially since this day was a gift from my husband last Christmas!

What textures fill your world?  Why not come share a photo or three with us over at Our Beautiful World?



3 comments:

  1. Oh sigh, what a wonderful day this must have been, Andie! Thank you for sharing these beautiful textured place with us at OBW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous day to just sit and contemplate the meaning of life :-) And yes flavoured water - right :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing in OBW!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?