Background

Monday, May 30, 2016

Happy Memorial Day!


I decided to make a set of cards in honor of Memorial Day.  I have the Stampin' Up Land of the Free wood stamp and I simply adore it.  This year I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to color a white card base and my Mission Gold watercolors to flick color and create my unique background.


This set up a nice contrast to the white cardstock stitched rectangle die cut centerpiece.  I used Faded Jeans and Festive Berries Distress Markers to color the stamp before stamping onto the die cut.  Some red and blue star die cuts as accents and these simple cards were quick to put a set together.


So simple and easy - I even used some blue envelopes from the stash. It always feels good to use up some of the stash.  These cards are my llittle tribute to those from the Land of the Free who helped to ensure that our land stayed free.


3 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?