Background

Monday, March 21, 2016

Andie's Feeble Attempt at Freehand Watercoloring










So I mentioned yesterday that Brandy is encouraging me to practice my own freehand watercoloring.  These samples are my feeble attempt - having said feeble it may seem that I'm diminishing my attempt.  However, I just mean that these are my first baby steps at freehand watercoloring.  While they aren't the most realistic versions, they are appealing to me and don't feel as though they are unworthy.
I suppose I might one day make these into a card. We'll see.  Until then, Brandy gifted me the most wonderful pool colored Jesus Journal.   I intend to use it for some Bible journaling and freehand watercoloring.  This will be somewhat more personal art, but I'm inspired by Anni over at Handgathered.  She regularly shares some very personal art with lots of different methods and types.  I find her work facinating and feel privaledged to get to share in her work over the distance.  Check her out and keep checking her out!



5 comments:

  1. Andie. First, thank you for the shout-out. I am honored to be an inspiration to anyone that is not one of my children. :/
    Your H2o paintings are lovely; feeble is not an option here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, I'm encouraged and will use my journal to let my inner creative attributes out! Thanks for being such aN inspiration!

      Delete
  2. These are wonderful, you can only learn by trying. I'm never brave enough to try. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous and not feeble I just cannot get the hang of it, These are so pretty and I think you have done very well.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?