Background

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Art Impressions Watercoloring


I am woefully behind in sharing happy, good news.  I think it was all that Christmas crafting that got in my way.  However, I'm here today to share with you these wonderful supplies from Art Impressions.  No secret that I've just been enamored with watercoloring.  However, I find that my artistic skills are somewhat lacking.  Art Impressions is one of the answers for me.  In full disclosure - I was gifted portions of the set above from their representative, Phillip, at the Mesa, AZ Rubber Stamp show earlier this winter.  I was gushing over the purchase from the day before and had stopped back for more.  He gifted me the Foliage, Flower and WC container stamps you see in the picture along with the wonderful video.  I purchased the W/C Series 8 stamp set in order to try to create my own scenes.  Here's some of the early work as I tried my hand at their technique.




These are my learning samples as I followed the techniques demonstrated in their videos.  The quality and ease of use is demonstrated by how lovely even these images are.  You can find similar videos to the video for purchase at their YouTube channel.  I highly recommend them!

You can certainly expect more projects with these wonderful stamps soon.



One of my purchases that I was gushing about was this set of Windows on the World stamps.  I'm not exactly sure why I like them so, but they captured my fancy and I can't wait to color them in.  I'm thinking Inktense pencils, but am itching to try each of my watercolor media to see how they differ.  This is what I'm going to spend the day doing - coloring for relaxation after we see my daughter march in the Fiesta Bowl parade.  If you are watching, look for the Chandler High Wolfpack Marching Band from Chandler, Arizona.  I'll be in the crowd.


2 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?