Background

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2016 Calendar - My Annual Tradition


One of my traditions is to create a calendar each year for my grandma using the Basic Grey Calendar Kit.  I really love the style of their kits and the ease with which everything goes together.  I simply need 4 x 6 photos and follow the instructions.




I have tried to remind myself that you really want to have a good thin tipped black journaling pen and a white gel pen.   The details that are created with these pens just adds to the lovely finish of the album.








My son, Timothy with our Abby whom we lost this past September.  This pictuer was taken on the first day of college - that's what you get for staying home for college - I get photos....



I end up making two of these - one for my grandma and one for me.  It is a thrill to me to be able to make these and now to look back on previous years at the scrapbook these make when the year is over.  I'll soon be cutting down 2015 and stuffing it into a scrapbook.  My grandma has hers to fill with appointments and other commitments.  Such joy!  As we wind down 2015, I am wishing you and yours a safe New Year's celebration.  I will also wish us all much crafting in 2016!



3 comments:

  1. Andy this is amazing! And such a swee tidea to make this for your grandma. I love how this turned out! You too; have a wonderful New Years'Eve. And wishing you a happy and healthy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a brilliant idea! Beautiful work and memories worth keeping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing. A fabulous gift to treasure and beautiful idea! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?