Background

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Sympathy Card


I had occasion to need a sympathy card recently.  Always tough to create and usually at the last minute.  This card is a simple one layer card, but I hope the care and love spent creating it communicated a message of care and love to the recipient.  I stamped using the branch from my Birds and Blooms stamp using brown Archival ink.  I colored the branches, leaves and flowers using a watercolor brush, water and my Prima Oil Pastels.  I scribbled the color onto a piece of palette paper and lifted it using water and the brush to apply to the stamped image.  When everything was dry (I only used a small amount of water to prevent warping), I dabbed glue onto the flowers and sprinkled some Flower Soft onto them to create a little definition to the petals.  It sorta looked like tears for some reason to me and I thought it fitting.  The sentiment, also stamped in brown Archival Ink, was from my Handwritten Borders set from SSS.  Never any fun, but hopefully a ray of encouragement during a tough time of grief.

I'm going to enter this card into Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge: Simon Says Anything Goes,  Word Art Wednesday's Challenge #211 Anything Goes and Simon Says Stamp's Work it Wednesday challenge.


4 comments:

  1. Awesome card, I agreed with you, who wants to keep sympathy card at home handy, also a sad thing. I am really blessed to have "met" you in blogland, Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hell Andie! darlin cas sympathy card, they are nice to have on hand...thanks for inspiring me...I need to create some. sweet colored flowers! I am so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness! *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely sympapthy card and it will bring comfort. I love the simple but definitely stunning design. The flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and love the stamped image. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?