Background

Monday, October 26, 2015

A Spread Your Wings Notecard Set


Here today again with another card set using my Brushos water color crystals.  The background wash of color was made by shaking the water color crystal on the card front and then washing over it with a large brush loaded with water.  You can see some crystals that didn't fully dissolve which only adds to the interest if you ask me.  

The butterfly was die cut out of blue cardstock (a matching strip is applied to the inside edge of the card) using my Memory Box Willoughby Butterfly Wings die  and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I applied embossing ink and powder, melting each layer, at least three times which creates a very even, dimensional look to the die cut.  This die is intended to cut the wings out of the middle of a piece of paper leaving it intact to the paper to pop out.  I simply snipped the ends and glued the body over the snipped ends.



The sentiment was stamped using black Archival Ink and some of the edged of the cards were cut using a stitched border die.  I'm super pleased with this card set and intend to set them aside for Christmas gifts as well.

I definitely feel like I'm having a creative spurt of energy.  This is in part because of how busy I have been between work and other travel schedules.  What have you been inspired by and how is your creative process working right now?  I will wish you inspiration and energy for your crafty endeavors.






Spread your wings and soar, my friends.  Make this a crafting end to a beautiful year!







2 comments:

  1. A beautiful set; I love the water coloring effect as a background. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and love those butterflies! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?