Background

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sending a Very Happy Birthday


Popping in to say a quick hello and share this fun shaker card I made for my nephew's birthday.  He was 9 this year - that funny age where he is too small to cherish a card from Auntie and too big to like something juvenile.  So, I made this card to have fun.  Here's the details:

  • The hat was cut using my Cricut cart Straight From the Nest out of watercolor paper.  There are layered pieces (the red at the top and the green fringe at the bottom).  I used my Brushos to create the watercolor look to the hat.
  • The shaker window was cut using my SSS Stitched Rectangles die.  I love the simple, yet crisp look this die gives.  The shaker window was created following the same process that of Jennifer McGuire's video.  The shaker is filled with blue sequins, clear acetate stars and red and blue bling pieces. 
  • The sentiment inside and out are from Penny Black's Sweet Wishes stamp set using black Archival Ink.

A couple of the attendees were like - "Oooh, sweet card".  That was enough for me.  I got the boy a Stomp Rocket.  Now that solicited a "cool!" from the birthday boy.  I'm a happy Auntie.  If you haven't given the shaker card a go, I suggest trying.  They are fun and cool new (to me) technique.

I'm linking up with the following challenges :

Our Beautiful World chall6:  #115 Assorted.  It is rare that one of my cards fits the word prompt, but this is such a time.  The word is Assorted and my shaker card does contain an assortment of shiny bits.



Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge : Love This Technique.  I am certainly enamored with the shaker card right now.

Word Art Wednesday's Challenge #201 Anything Goes.  The entries in this challenge are so varied that I am always inspired when I click through.

Come join the fun!

10 comments:

  1. Your artsy water colored party-hat looks amazing in the shaker card. I've always wanted to use this technique to make a card, but I've never gotten around to it. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun and beautiful card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol yes it does! Beautiful card, thank you for joining OBW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Card - I bet you got more than a few "ooohs" from other attendees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love nothing more than seeing an assortment of sequins... how fabulous is the card full of them!! the watercolour look hat is fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun shaker and looks super with the watercolored hat inside! Thanks for sharing at "OBW"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card and love the shaker element! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful!! A perfect fit for the prompt too! Thanks so much for sharing at OBW! Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice card!
    Have a great sunday :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?