Background

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Baby Shower Favors


In and among my own planning to host a baby shower for a co-worker a friend asked if I could help make shower favors for a shower she was hosting.  These things do seem to cluster together!  My friend hosted a shower for someone at her church who had signed up to foster infants.  They have been told that they could receive 1-2 children of either gender at anytime.  Showering this family with used and new supplies just seemed like the right thing to do, but everything had to be gender neutral.  Also, since they are going to foster, the gender of their children could change and the supplies needed to be useful over time.  Enter my very favorite color, green!  Perfectly gender neutral.

I picked up this idea after a short search on Pinterest, my favorite place for inspiration.  I just love tealight candles and happened to have some along with some white tulle.  All I needed was some theme appropriate washi tape.  A short trip to Hobby Lobby yielded this cute owl and polka dot combination.  Perfect.  I simply applied the washi tape around the outside of the plastic tealight candle holder and pressed the excess down around the bottom of the plastic holder.  The user could simply remove the tape or leave as is for use.  I cut approximately 7in strips of the 6 inch wide tulle and laid them out in a cross pattern, placing the three tealights inside.  I gathered the tulle up in the center and tied with green twine.  The tiny tag was cut using Cricut's Accent Essentials cart at 1 1/2 inches and stamped with brown Archival ink.  After I tied the tulle, I slid the tag on and made a bow.  Simple process which was needed since I made about 28 of these for the shower.

My friend says everyone thought they were cute.  I just hope they all felt a huge sense of gratitude for helping this family to minister to the young, needy children in our area.


2 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?