Background

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Outpouring of Gratitude


My mother-in-law asked if I would be so kind as to craft some thank you cards to be used in response to the outpouring of love and support at the loss of her husband of 60 years.  Of course, I was more than glad to help out.  She requested praying hands and the sentiment on the inside.  I happily obliged, though I did add a bit of watercoloring of the sleeves.  I think it set the right note.


We shared our day of mourning (can there only be one day?), the specific day where we honored Ed, with many friends, relatives, neighbors and loved ones.  In a family with 7 children, there are extended upon extended connections.  My heart warmed to look around and see the care, love and understanding heaped upon the family during this day.  While we miss Ed, we are heartened to know that he is well loved and missed deeply.


2 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful and I love how appropriate that inside sentiment is. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?