Background

Saturday, April 11, 2015

My Misti- A Grateful Card Set


March was a rough month in the Miller household.  As previously mentioned, we lost my FIL at the beginning of the month.  Grief is a weird process.  I felt guilty for feeling blue because my husband and his family lost so much more than I did.    Rather than staying guilty, I decided I needed to keep my hands busy.  I decided to share my new toy with you- the MISTI- that I used to make these cards.  


This is my MISTI.  You can get your own here.  I'm going to front load this post- this is hands down one of the best stamping tools I own and I've only had it a month.  Let me share the genuis of the MISTI with you.  First, there is a video describing it's use here.  I created 36 of the cards you see above with my tool over the course of one evening.  The intention was to give sets of cards to my in-laws (Dan has six siblings).  It was also a way to put my hands to work.


The hinge allows the stamp to lay flat when stamping.    The flap on the left is clear so that you can place the stamp in the location on the card with accuracy.  The magnet in the upper right corner usually holds the paper down during stamping.  In less than 5 minutes I had 36 card faces stamped with the branch in the exact same location on each card.


Next, you just place the layering stamp in the location that you desire it and close the left hinge.  The stamp adheres to the acrylic "door" in exactly the right location.  Ink up your stamp and voila, layered stamped image!  The stamp set is Papertrey Ink's Out on a Limb stamp set.


I kid you not- I had all of the card fronts stamped in about 15 minutes.  I ran them through my Grand Calibur with a border die and used a Wink of Stella pen to add glitter to the leaves over the next 45 minutes.  I die cut the sentiment from white cardstock using my Penny Black word dies.  All told I spent about 2 hours on the card sets- including die cutting the sentiment and gluing the pieces down.





I am so grateful for Dan's large family and I think they genuinely were touched by my gift.  One set of 5 cards was given to each of the siblings wrapped in a kraft paper band and decorated with a small vellum flower colored with Peacook Feathers Distress Ink.

If you aren't convinced the the MISTI is the Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented, I say give me a call and stop by.  One time using this tool and I'm sure you'll be convinced.  Crisp edges, easy to use and a dream finished result.  Yes, I am truly Gratefully, Thankfully Blessed!

I'm going to link this card up with Word Art Wednesday's Challenge #178: Anything Goes.  Come join the fun!


3 comments:

  1. A lovely gift and so beautifully wrapped. Thank you so much for posting your very beautiful art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. We hope to see you back next week.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely card sets, i love that it is fast and easy to make too, I always have a set of cards at home ready too! They make such great gifts!
    Thanks for your heart-warming comment for my PL post, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous cards and wonderful as a gift - I love that Misti and how you can mass produce so quickly. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?