Background

Monday, November 3, 2014

Have an Awesome Day


One of the ladies from my Bible study group has a sister that recently was incarcerated.  This is a really difficult situation as my friend's sister has been making bad choices and one of them finally cost her in a big way.  Still, that's no reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater.  My friend called on all of us to write her a letter to help with the transition and hopefully encourage her self reflection and growth while she spends time in jail.  Of course I had to make a card.

The card had to be simple- there are restrictions on what can go into a card.  I pulled out my Worn Lipstick and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink along with my Simon Says Stamp Favorite Flowers stamp set and got to work.  There's a Fiskars border stamp thrown in for good measure along with a Simon Says Stamp Tilted Banner stamp in brown Archival Ink.  I achieved the border by taping a strip of paper onto the card front and stamping the flowers and leaves.  Most of the flowers are second generation stamps with the background flower stamp.  The leaves are first generation with the background stamp.  After I removed the strip of paper, I stamped the border and the sentiment.

I hope it brightened my friend's sister and made her day.  More importantly, I hope the words of encouragement that I wrote inside had a lasting impact.


3 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?