Background

Saturday, November 22, 2014

A 65th Birthday Celebration


It's a party and it's on the way.  My mother celebrated 65 years of youth last month.  We felt this needed a party, but wanted to wait until my grandparents could join the celebration.  The big day is later this week.  I made these simple invitations for everyone to cherish.

The flowers are clear embossed and die cut using my Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms stamps and dies.  The flowers were then spritzed with water and accordion folded using the technique described in this video.  This creates such a unique flower- I'm really pleased with my flowers for this piece.  the greenery is my go to Our Daily Bread Designs Fancy Foliage die.

The patterned paper is two sided paper that coordinates.  I just thought the lacey effect of those borders worked perfectly with the sentiment.  I printed the circle out on the computer and matched it with a cream cardstock Lacey Circles die cut.  


On the inside, more information about when and where the celebration is to take place.  We'll be having our shindig later this week!



2 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?