Background

Thursday, October 9, 2014

A Floral Birthday Greeting


This is another card created using the pre-cut Heartfelt Creations flowers I received as a parting gift from working the May scrapbook convention for Heartfelt Creations.  I really enjoyed being able to spread the love for Heartfelt products and, months later, get to enjoy the flowers in my cardmaking.  Here's the details:


  • The patterened paper comes from a few pieces of KaiserCraft's Miss Empire I picked up several months ago.  The colors are unusual for me and so I tried to follow those. 
  • The floral pieces come from a variety of dies cut from coordinating (back side) patterned paper.  It's hard to detect in these photos, but there are bits of brown on those floral pieces.  I shaped them by pressing my  stylus into the molding mat in the fat part of each leaf.  
  • The flowers are Heartfelt's Majestic Blooms that I colored with rose stamp paint.  I shaped the flowers and added some multi-colored prills.  They add such a nice touch to the center.
  • The sentiment was stamped using black Archival ink onto a piece of the coordinating patterned paper.  Both the sentiment and the matching orange patterned paper were cut using Our Daily Bread Designs Elegant Ovals.  A little Vintage Photo Distress Ink was applied ot the edges.
Pretty cute card and I used up some more items from the stash.  I can keep working at it!


2 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?