Background

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

You're My Favorite... No You Are... No You Are!


Back to some of my playing around with my SSS June Card Kit, specifically the Favorite Flowers stamp set.  Taking inspiration from Pinterest, I scraplifted this design.  Can I tell you, I love the finished product?  This set challenges my inner perfectionist because I noticed my "poor" stamping job on the upper right flower (the darker swirl extends beyond the lighter backgroud!).  I see the striations created by using distress ink rather than Archival ink, etc.  Yet, when I tell my inner Busybody to settle herself down, I really like the finished card.  The inks are Worn Lipstick and Shabby Shutters Distress Inks and the sentiment was stamped in black Archival Ink.



3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card. I love those flower stamps! TFS and thats me caught up :-) Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so wonderful! the lovely flowers make me want to go dig out that scribble die from PTI and make something like that! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. And those "flaws" you pointed out were things I loved about the card - so distressed and vintagey with out all the fussy layers and dark colors. <3 it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?