Background

Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Father's Day Card


With my grandparent's recent visit, we did a little early celebration for Father's Day.  This way my grandpa would get a personal recognition we can't do on the actual Sunday in June.  Here's the details:

  •  The clocks were stamped with my Numeral Clocks stamp using brown Archival Ink and them die cit with the coordinating Once Upon a Time die.  Each piece was edged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
  • The background circles were cut with the Once Upon a Time die from textured cardstock.  
  • The patterned paper is from a very old pad of Colorbok paper.  I used a chevron stencil to create the brown and blue Ink Monoprint behind the clock cluster. 
  • The sentiment was stamped with the same Close to My Heart Moonstruck ink using my Simon Says Stamp set Very Special.  
  • On the inside I created this word art using text boxes in Word.  The circles are independent circular text boxes with no words inside.  The sentiment is a separate box with no border and no fill.  The font used is Algerian and I played with the color and size til it filled the smaller circle.  I've printed a couple of these and intended to make a few more cards.  
I've linked this card up over at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday blog: Father's Day - Masculine and Word Art Wednesday's Challenge #135- Anything Goes.  Come on over to get inspired and join the fun.  The real Father's Day is coming soon.  Are your cards ready?


5 comments:

  1. This looks lovely, awesome masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great...it would make a wonderful retirement card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous masculine card - love those time pieces! TFS and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card, Andie! I love the zig zags and the cluster of clocks. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Father's Day or Masculine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredibly done! I love how you designed this! Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?