Background

Sunday, May 25, 2014

A Musical Thank You

Whew, what a week.  I've felt overwhelmed with the end of the school year activities, the beginning of the next band season (that starts in May, y'all) and multiple family commitments that just happen to have coincided with all the other fun.  In the midst of all that activity, I needed a thank you card for two faithful volunteers who dedicated many hours to my daughter's marching band.  I wanted to make something special that would let them know how grateful we were for their contribution.  This lovely is the result.  Here's the details:

  • The patterned paper comes from the stash.  So, very old that I created this card back in 2011 with a separate piece of the same paper.  At that time, the source of the paper was indistinguishable because of it's age.  Time flies when you own a Scrapbox.  Should we talk about the patterned paper stash?  ...ummm... nope.
  • The floral pieces are a grouping of my Our Daily Bread Designs Fancy Foliage and a new Simon Says Stamp Leaf Column die. 
  • The flowers are stamped with black Archival Ink and cut with my Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret dies. 
  • The treble clef and notes were cut from my Cricut Quarter Note cart from black cardstock. 
  • I created the sentiment using text boxes in Word and then die cut the printout using my Spellbinders Labels 18 die.
My fellow volunteers cannot know how very valuable they have been to the program.  A handmade card travels some of that distance.  Here's hoping the holiday weekend allows me to catch up on my posts!

2 comments:

  1. Such a striking card, really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - love the colour of those flowers. And yep, I'm with you, lets not go there as far as the paper stash ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?