Background

Sunday, April 20, 2014

He is Risen Indeed


Happy Easter!  Today is the day that we celebrate our risen Lord, Jesus Christ.  Today is the day we honor Him for His sacrifice on the cross where He did what I couldn't do for myself.  Now that is reason to celebrate.

I had seen this sentiment stamp in a craft magazine over a year ago.  I couldn't justify the purchase at the time (budget, shipping costs, etc.).  Almost a year later, a sale pretty much wiped out the shipping costs and I decided to take the plunge.  I almost couldn't wait to create a card for Easter with it.  Here's the detail on this card:

  • Patterned paper is Stampin' Up's Attic Boutique.  The paper doesn't have an ounce of glitter on it- that pattern simply creates a brightness that tricks the eye.  I found it perfect on this card.
  • The green cardstock was cut using my Heartfelt Creations Raindrops on Roses die.  
  • The flowers were first stamped with my Heartfelt Creations Sun Kissed Fleur stamps and then cut using the matching die.  I used a yellow Close to My Heart stamp pad.  I shaped the flowers, sometimes choosing to shape the center and other times using a pearl accent.  

  • I left the inside blank to hand write a sentiment on the inside before sending them out to family.  Ultimately, I made five of these cards.  I hope that you are celebrating with family and friends this day.  We will start our day at sunrise with friends in a intimate backyard celebration looking back at the dawning of that first Easter morning.  

    He was despised and rejected by men;
        a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief;
    and as one from whom men hide their faces
        he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
    Surely he has borne our griefs
        and carried our sorrows;
    yet we esteemed him stricken,
        smitten by God, and afflicted.
    But he was pierced for our transgressions;
        he was crushed for our iniquities;
    upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
        and with his wounds we are healed.
                                                              Isaiah 53:3-5

    Praying the healing that can only come through the Son of God for all of you this Easter morning.


    3 comments:

    1. Gorgeous card Andie!! I love the fonts on the sentiment and your always beautiful flowers! Happy Easter to you and yours! Hugs!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Beautiful card - I love those flowers! Wonderful papers. Happy Easter.

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?