Background

Monday, March 31, 2014

Projects with the child- a little sewing fun


My children go to a "year round" school.  As a result, spring break is a little more than 2 week vacation for them.  My daughter, Katie, got a little crafting itch of her own.  She wanted to sew a small tote bag.  Off to the store we went to pick out some fabric.



Our project is not without mistakes.  I'll keep them between Katie and I!  It ultimately took us the better part of a Sunday and then two weeknights to finish.  This is largely because my tolerance after working all day is about 32 minutes long.  That barely lasts longer than it takes to set everything up!




Still, I think it might be the stuff that memories are made of.  Now, she has plans to make a second bag a bit bigger.  This will require her to figure out the pattern, etc. herself.  I'm going to do my best to encourage her and stay out of it.  She needs to figure it out! They grow up so very fast...




4 comments:

  1. It's a fabulous bag and I love the fabric. Go Katie - awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you enjoyed every moment, when my younger girl came back during breaks, we sew together too! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, Granna's impressed! I love the fabric, and color choice. I think you did
    an awesome job!! Keep up the good work. I think you should make another one, and
    if you need any help just call!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww love it, and especially all that time shared creating memories and being crafty. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?