Background

Monday, March 17, 2014

Best Mom Ever- A Mother's Day Card


I'd mentioned that I picked up a clearance priced package of Authentique's Grace collection at my LSS.  The package came with many different embellishments mostly geared to mothers and Mother's Day sentiments.  I just couldn't resist the opportunity to put together a card with these colorful and stylish papers.  Here's the details:

  • All papers are from the collection, even the brown matting paper and they are all edged in Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  
  • The floral and swirls are cut from matching patterned paper and cardstock using my Our Daily Bread Fancy Foliage, Sizzix Decorative Swirls, Spellbinders Floral Flourish dies.
  • The flower is store bought and has long since been separated from it's package.  I also rubbed on some Vintage Photo Distress Ink to tie this in.
  • The pearl swirl came from the stash.  
  • On the inside, I stamped the sentiment on a piece of patterned paper to create the flag and used foam squares to adhere some of the tag sentiments from the collection.  
I'm linking this card up at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge blog: Mother's Day or Special Girl.  Come join the fun!

ETA:  I'm linking this up with The Shabby Tea Room's Week #210: Anything Goes challenge.   Come join the fun or have a look around.  The ladies who share at these challenges are sooooo talented!


6 comments:

  1. Grace is such a pretty line! Love it! And you've made such a stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Andie :-) the papers, layout and whole design of this is stunning ! :-) Your Mum will love this ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Andie, your card is so lovely, I can't stop gazing at it...soo gorgeous! I am thrilled you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Andie, I love your text background and papers. Your details are fabulous and a beautiful flower!!!

    Thanks so much for joining >Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card - love the layers and papers. Love the inside too! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?