Background

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Thinking of You Card


Checking in for a quick post on a simple card.  This is another card inspired by a Pinterest Pin.  Here's the details:

  • All patterned papers are from an old paper pack from Glitz Vintage Blue
  • The flower is cut from vanilla textured cardstock using my Vintage Floret dies.  The flower was shaped and then brushed with Fades Jeans Distress Ink and then edged in Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
  • The paper strips were cut with my paper trimmer and then torn to create uneven edges.  All strips were edged with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  The original design was made using washi tape, but I think this works well here too!
  • The frames were cut using my Spellbinders Labels 17 dies.  The sentiment was stamped using my Faded Jeans Distress Ink and both frames were edged using my Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  
It's simple, but I really like how it turned out.  I may give this design another go and follow the example a little closer.  I like the idea of matting with a frame cut to the exact same size and only using the ends.

ETA:  I've entered this card in Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Simon Says Anything Goes with Pearls.  Come on over and join the fun!

4 comments:

  1. WOW - Andie this is gorgeous! Love this totally - what a fabulous card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!! What a fab design! Love it!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! I love how the white space is used here, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?