Background

Monday, February 3, 2014

Quick Little Nostalgic Post


So, yesterday was the Super Bowl.  I was born in Denver, Colorado.  I've not lived there much of my life, but my family has.  I've visited frequently- even last month when I saw my grandma.  So, while I'm not exclusive to the Broncos I'm connected enough to be disappointed with the show yesterday.  Hence a coloring party with my daughter Katie and niece Kenzie. 

When I was young, I owned a set of Fashion Plates.  Proof positive that my crafty behavior stretches way back.  The plates are plastic and have different head, torso, and leg images that can be stenciled onto a paper using a black crayon.  The link will take you to the modern version at Amazon for a show.  On the back side of the plastic are texture plates that you can use to color in the fabric of the clothes.  I was always envious of these ladies' hair, in particular. 

Kenzie, being the youngest, was our fashion director- choosing all the combinations.  Then, she directed each of us to color certain images.  I was instructed to color Melanie.  It took me almost three times longer than the girls to do my one image.  Still, I'm loving the final product- beautiful!


Such are the times that memories are made of.  The ages are very different (5, 15, and 43) but we all three had such fun. 


6 comments:

  1. Awesome girls time, I do love to sketch fashion dolls when I was young, I actually made and played with lots of paper dolls too, ahhh... those were the days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those fashion dolls! Its always good to have some shared time and what a great result! Memories are made from this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable fashion dolls with the pretty outfits.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great way to spend some time with these girls. and the results are fun too~!
    i have a vague memory of coveting something like this when i was quite young . . .

    thank you for your visit and comment on my blog. i appreciate your kind support of my art.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had this growing up too! Those turned out so cute. Boy, I would love to have what Melanie is modeling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had those growing up, sometimes it is so nice to color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?