Background

Monday, February 24, 2014

Just Thinking About You Card

Pinterest has become one of my favorite places to go for inspiration.  Here's another card, inspired (truthfully, scrap-lifted) by a pin.  This one is almost a direct copy, but twisted to match my supplies.  My pattern paper choices were different, I tried to play with a little more pattern.  I also chose to shape my flower in the opposite direction making it more mail friendly.  I think I like the height of the pin, but mine works to me as well.  Here's the details:
  • All papers are from MME's Ooh La La For Her collection.  
  • I used my Creative Memories *ancient* circle cutter to cut the circle and made the flags with my paper trimmer.
  • The flowers were cut from patterned paper using my Vintage Floret dies and shaped adding a pearl accent to the center.
  • The sentiment comes from my Heartfelt Expression stamp using Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink.  A few red pearl accents and the card is a close approximation.
  • Those dots on the card base aren't  poor photography.  The card came from a blank card set with flecks of muted colors throughout.  Its a good base for the minimalist card.

3 comments:

  1. What a delight to see your latest creation, pretty pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Andie! Beautiful papers and that flower is gorgeous. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mix of patterned papers and love the CAS feel to this card. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?