Background

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Vintage Floret Thank You


Here's another card I made playing around with my Prima Madeline paper pad.  I really am trying to use up the paper pads I've bought.  I found my stash of pre-made cards mostly depleted by the end of last year and am working to make a bit of a stash again.  Here's the details:

  • The flowers were cut using my Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret dies and shaped.  They have pearl centers.  
  • The tag was cut using my Accent Essentials Cricut cart and then the sentiment was stamped in brown Archival Ink using a Fiskars cling stamp. 
  • The floral swirl and leaf stem are both Our Daily Bread Designs Fancy Foliage dies cut from textured green cardstock.  I'm pretty cheap when it comes to buying dies (except when I have birthday money to buy gifts, then I spend like it's going out of style!).  I purchased this set and have simply loved using them.  It is a great foundational die cut for all my Heartfelt Creations flower dies.
  • A little seam binding ribbon to finish the card. 
On the inside, I stamped a short sentiment in brown Archival Ink and another small flower using my Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.  That's a small colored pearl accent in the center too.

I was so pleased with this- I already have an intention to send it to friends as a thank you for breakfast last weekend.  Wait- what happened to building up the pre-made card stash?





2 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?