Background

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Welcoming a Wee Little One


This little beauty was inspired by a Pinterest pin.  I think that the card may have been perfected by the patterned paper choice of using my MME Ooh La La 6 x 6 paper pad.  Here's the details:

  • Flowers were cut using my Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret dies.  I shaped each one and added a pearl accent in the center.  I made many different flowers with different papers, sizes, etc.
  • I die cut various scraps of green cardstock.  There are different shades of green, though the photo doesn't do this justice.
  • The white cardstock frame was cut using my Cricut cart Fancy Frames (<Frame1>).  I think it was on 4.5 inches. 
  • The white card stock card base is actually white.  I played a little with the color settings on the picture to get a little contrast between the frame cut and the card so you can see what is underneath.  In person, the two whites don't "clash" or "offset" quite that much which more closely matches the inspiration.
  • I stamped the sentiment in brown Archival Ink using a cling stamp from a Market Street Stamps set.  They've since gone out of business, but these small sentiments come in handy.
On the inside, I printed a Bible verse and a sentiment to send to our friends.  I'm really pleased with how the card turned out.  I hope Dale and Pat are more pleased with their new grandson.

ETA:  I'm linking this up over at the Inspiration Journal's January Challenge: Dieing for 2014.  Hurry, the deadline is February 2, 2014 to join the fun!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card to welcome the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card and love the flowers and the leaves are fabulous. Love all the different papers in the flowers! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?