Background

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Thinking of You Cards- Let's make it a set

I so enjoyed making the Happy Birthday and Thank You cards using my Simple Stories Summer Fresh paper pad, I decided to make two "I thought of you today" cards and make it a set.  Here's the exact same details:
  • The I Thought of You Today sentiment was stamped using my Faded Jeans Distress Ink onto a piece of the patterned paper and then cut using my Spellbinders Labels 18 die.
  • The mat cardstock frames were cut using my Spellbinders Imperial Gold Labels 4 dies. 
  • The flowers were cut from patterned paper using my Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret dies.  A red pearl is left in the center to create a bling factor.  
  • The leaf swirl was cut using my ODBD Fancy Foliage die. 
  • I left the inside blank for a handwritten note just like the Happy Birthday and Thank You card.

I think the patterns work really well.  All told, I probably spent two hours making all four cards.  It was a nice set that I will gift to a friend tied with a pretty ribbon.  Sadly (or not depending upon your point of view), the Summer Fresh paper pad still has many other pieces to work with.  I really must remind myself not to buy any more paper til I use up what I have.   Hmmmm, sounds like a New Year's resolution to me.

Here's the whole collection:

http://viralscrap.blogspot.com/2013/12/happy-birthday-card.html

http://viralscrap.blogspot.com/2013/12/happy-birthday-card.html











3 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love the Simple Stories papers.

    Last year I managed to buy less paper than in the past, but certainly couldn't bring myself to the "no paper" level. My goal this year is to use through my scrap stash, it got out of control with all the projects I was doing all the time. I didn't have time to make my normal OWH cards and use it up, now it is out.of.control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card design! Sure good to have a set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! I particularly love the red flowers - fabulous :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?