Background

Monday, January 27, 2014

Happy Birthday Card


Popping in for a quick post of a birthday card made with my new favorite stamp- Papertrey's Rustic Wreath die and stamp set.  You'll remember this was a gift from Brandy for my birthday and I simply love it.  Here's the details:

  • I stamped the wreath with brown Archival Ink onto white cardstock.  I then colored the leaves with my Peacock Feathers Distress Marker and die cut the wreath out using the die.

  • I then stamped the sentiment using the Peacock Feathers Distress Marker to color the stamp.  It created this great mottled effect which I was at first extremely disappointed in and then realized what a stylized result it created.  Happy accident, love it!
  • I used a scrap of purple twill ribbon and some leftover chipboard flower elements from the Scrappy Calendar
  • Inside I stamped one of my Hearfelt Expressions sentiments in brown Archival Ink.
A quick, easy card to put together that I really like in the final result.

2 comments:

  1. That is a lovely card, I like that wreath, was planning to get it but that month just have too many wonderful items released, just didn't have enough money, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card - love that wreath, and then the little flower, button and ribbon - perfect. Hope you have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?