Background

Friday, December 20, 2013

Holiday Hostess Gift

I made this tag for a hostess gift this holiday season.  It was simple and easy to put together.  Here's the details:

  • The tag was cut out using Plantin Schoolbook and my Cricut using kraft paper. 
  • I stamped the swirl from my Heartfelt Creations Holly Berry stamp set using brown Archival Ink onto the kraft tag.
  • The sentiment is also stamped from my Holly Berry stamp set using brown Archival Ink only this time it was onto some green cardstock from the scrap bin.  A bin that needs to be emptied.  I die cut the sentiment using my Spellbinders Labels 18 dies. 
  • The swirl was die cut and embossed using my Heartfelt Creations Ornamental Add On dies.  I embellished this little gem with some red gems from the stash. 
  • The poinsetta was made using my Layered Poinsettia Shapeabilities.  The center was made using some Good Earth Elements Earth Textures.  I just love that stuff to make something look rustic.  It really works here in person.  Finally, the red cardstock is spritzed with some white acrylic paint using an old toothbrush.  It looks like a light dusting of snow. 
I don't think I'm nearly wise enough to choose a good wine for a gift.  I just don't drink enough of the stuff.  Still, my husband and his entire family find this to be their favorite.  I hope my hostess enjoyed because she really knows how to put on a good party!



2 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag, love the poinsettia! I love a good Riesling wine. I too don't drink much - in fact we are bordering on tee total LOL! We have two bottles of beer that have been in the fridge since last year. And for Christmas day we are having non-alcoholic fizz :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?