Background

Saturday, December 14, 2013

A Third Card for the Gift Set


O.K. This is one of my favorite cards of the set and that I've made for a while.  I think it might be that background paper.  Or the brown, blue and yellow color scheme.  Or the ribbon.  Can't say other than, the picture doesn't do this card justice.  I really like how it turned out.  Here's the details:

  • Patterned paper is Stampin' Up's Attic Boutique bought on clearance earlier this year and sitting in the stash.
  • Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret stamps and dies stamped with brown Archival Ink and die cut on my new Grand Calibur using blue cardstock and glassine paper
  • A piece of brown textured ribbon from the stash- at least a year old.  It is workin' this card...
  • The sentiment is stamped in brown Archival Ink using my Heartfelt Expressions stamp set and cut with my Apothecary Accents framelits die.  I used a hole punch to create the holes for the ribbon.
  • I couldn't keep this card clean- those edges are inked in Vintage Photo Distress Ink, baby! 
On the inside (where I'd boo boo'd it and left a printed sentiment on accident- watch your card making on old supplies ladies!) I placed a small strip of patterned paper, a piece of ribbon and one spare vintage floret.

On to the last card and a box.  I'm gonna get it done?  Christmas is really coming.  It's not slowing down...




2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous - fabulous card, love the flowers and love the inside! Can't wait to see the box. Hope you have a wonderful week, hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?